CWFG meets the 1st Tuesday of every month, 7:30 PM at OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science & Industry) See below for directions and map to OMSI. Visitors are always welcome and encouraged to attend! Most presented programs are reprinted in the next month’s issue of FACETS, so if you miss a meeting you’ll find it there, or become a member and get an issue of FACETS coming straight to your door.
Schedule of Presentations
- January 3, 2017
- Dopping class with Karen Isley.
- February 7, 2017
- Part I of a two-part video presentation: Sharing the rough– Journey of a Gemstone.
- March 7, 2017
- Part II of a two-part video presentation: Sharing the rough– Journey of a Gemstone.
- April 4, 2017
- Featured speaker: Joe Apidoca Free Form Faceting, with demonstration.
- May 2, 2017
- Panel of Experts.
- June 6, 2017
- Chris Harold Ultratec w/ Encoder, Chris will be bringing the machine in and demonstrating and answering questions concerning the Encoder.
- July 11, 2017 – Note: This is the second Tuesday of the month.
- Rice Museum General Meeting, with possible potluck, and museum tour. Earlier time 5:30pm.
- August 1, 2017
- Dopping Class – Take two! No fire alarms allowed.
- September 5, 2017
- Annual Swap meet.
- October 3, 2017
- Merle Reinikka Sapphire Trip to Australia!
- November 7, 2017
- Roughing It: Buying Rough Overseas. Lisa Elser of Lisa Elser Gems, will be coming down from Vancouver BC. She will be bringing lots of rough to sell.
- December 12, 2017 – Note: This is the second Tuesday of the month.
- Annual Holiday Dinner @Saylors Old Country Kitchen. Time T.B.D.
Please contact us if you have any ideas for future programs.
The address is 1945 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214.
Entrance to the meeting is on the north-west end (side closest to the river), and is near the electric car fueling station.
Current CWFG Board Meeting Schedule
The CWFG Board meets the 1st Tuesday of every month before the main meeting at OMSI, from 6:00 to 7:30 PM. This meeting is where the nuts-and-bolts business of running the Guild all happens. Members are welcome and invited to attend to contribute or just observe. This is a great way to get more involved in the Guild.
Please contact us if you’d like to attend..b.s